Information for Presenters
The conference takes place in the Dipoli auditorium. The auditorium is equipped with a laptop and a LCD projector, as well as a microphone and a laser pointer.
Presenters of each session should arrive in the auditorium 15 minutes before the session begins, in order to meet the session chair and to copy the presentation files to the laptop in the auditorium.
Presenters should bring their presentation files stored on a USB stick, CD-ROM/DVD, or on their own laptop, from which they will be copied to a laptop in the auditorium. In order to preserve time, we do not allow using own laptops for presenting the papers. Presentations should be in Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) format.
It is important to take into account the time constraints to allow the presentation to fit within the allotted time period. In most of the sessions, there are four papers to be presented in 90 minutes, resulting to an estimated time slot of 15 minutes for presentation, and an additional 5 minutes for questions and answers. Please check your
Guidelines for session chairs
- arrive in the auditorium 15 min before your session
- contact the technical assistant in the auditorium (Mr. Kim Lindqvist)
- check that all speakers have arrived and presentations are in the laptop
- ask the speakers how they would like to be introduced:
- keep the intro short: 1-2 sentences
- current affiliation
- academic/industrial title
- nature of research (PhD thesis work, industrial research, etc)
- keep the timing: leave 3-5 min for Q&A
- deliver turns for question makers
- act as opponent when necessary